What makes Gonzales Preschool unique?
- Two qualified Early Childhood Educators on staff
- Reggio Emilia inspired program: providing a true Learning-Through-Play educational experience
- Longer than traditional preschool days: inspires a child-centred fully engaged playtime with less transitions and interruptions
- Morning and Afternoon class options: we have a fit for every schedule
- Nature, science and arts curriculum: inspiring projects, experiments, and art to simulate young minds
- Nature Preschool, everyday: we celebrate nature and the natural environment both inside and out because we believe children thrive in nature
- Touted as having one of the best natural playgrounds in Victoria
- Pro-social classroom friendship programme: teaching problem-solving and friendship skills to carry over into kindergarten and beyond
- Weekly music and movement programme for the 4’s class: a trained music educator comes into the classroom once per week
- Community-minded charitable projects: encourages children to think beyond themselves and become caring thoughtful community participants
- Regular field trips: an important educational milestone. Past locations have included Goldstream Park, Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary, Oak Bay Firehall, and Greater Victoria Public Library
- In-house guests: in an effort to reduce pressure on parents but still provide educational opportunities for our students we host in-class fieldtrips. Past fun has included Moondance Arts, Victoria Symphony, Victoria Conservatory of Music and the Victoria Compost Centre.
- A memory book is given to children when they graduate to kindergarten
And for the families and parents:
- Lighter work load for participating parents: we have fewer duty days and smaller workloads
- Full- or Part-time parent participation: parents may choose to opt out of duty days
- Inspiring monthly parent education: topics such as homeopathic medicine, parenting stratagems, child psychology, and the importance of outdoor play to name a few
- Social events for the whole family: to build a sense of belonging, community and friendship among all Gonzales families
- FUN-raisers: We dodge the same old boring fundraisers with our own unique brand of Fun-raisers. From a Burger and Beer night to a Pancake Social, this preschool knows how to make it fun.
Please click the links below to find out more.
Read about Our Philosophy
Read about Our Educators
Read about Our Learning Environments
Read about Our Community
We are allergy-aware and nut-free. We are epi-pen trained.
We are a member of Vancouver Island Cooperative Preschool Association (VICPA).